Child and Youth Ministry
Deanery of London Children and Youth
You’re all invited to St Anne’s Byron, 1344 Commissioners Road West, London Saturday, December 2, 2023 10:30am
St. Anne's Resources - links to books recorded on YouTube as well as songs to sing and even a little bit of Ukulele sing-along for those who are missing their Sunday Ukulele lessons.
Our Ministry includes: Sunday School and occasional youth activities.
We hold Sunday School most Sundays during the school year (there is no Sunday School offered on Sundays where the Monday following is a holiday). We continue to average approximately 4-10 children each Sunday, with as high as 12 on some Sundays. For the past year we have had a dedicated group of volunteers: Jean G., Jessica B. and Janet S. and Sharon P. We take four-week blocks in groups of two adults each Sunday so that we meet Safe Church guidelines. Reverend Val has a Children’s Focus at the 9:30 a.m. Sunday Service.
Supporting this ministry can be done in a variety of ways and does not necessarily mean you need to “teach” Sunday School. Curriculum supports are provided that follow the lectern schedules so that what the children are discussing is the same things the adults are considering.
Opportunities to service in this ministry are always needed. If you are interested please speak to Rev’d Val.
Youth Server’s Guild at St. Anne’s
We would love to welcome you!
Youth are invited and encouraged to join the Servers' Guild here at St. Anne's. Our servers are wonderful – they help us worship well assisting the clergy in the leadership of the service at our 8:00 and 9:30 a.m. services every Sunday, and on special occasions during the church year. Servers sit near the altar, presenting the holy bread, water and wine, they prepare and clear altars, carry the cross, light the candles, lead the procession, receive the offertory – we love our servers and thank them for their ministry!
Youth at least 11 years old who have their First Holy Communion and been trained and apprentice for one to two months with the rector and head server,
What are others saying? Here is a small sample for today's culture:
- Consider your faith and commitment to God with My Hope videos. Personal stories about the impact of faith from well-known and everyday people.
- Biblekids.ca has lots of great resources for younger children, from art to stories
- Bible Gateway is a great resource for anyone who wants to know anything about the Bible. It includes many english translations and many texts from other languages as well.
- Passageway.org links to online resources to answer faith question for today's culture. Ask a question or chat online if you need to talk.
- Busted Halo is a site created by the Paulist Youth Ministries in New York that contains lots of current affairs commentary. Consider the Trivia Inferno game.
- Huron Church Camp has lots of activities for youth of all ages. Visit their site to see camp details and how you can contribute by volunteering or providing supplies or assistance.
- Trailblazing - a course of study for youth ministers and those working part-time with youth groups. Created through the National Youth Initiatives Team and Huron University College's faculty of theology.